Out of all the nonprofits in St. Louis, we believe our members are the most impactful ones in the surrounding community. In honor of that, we would like to recognize The Little Bit Foundation as another WIN Warehouse success story. The Little Bit Foundation is committed to breaking down barriers to learning for students living in poverty through partnerships and programs that serve the needs of the whole child.
Their aim is to empower students to achieve their academic goals and dreams for the future, while leaving an imprint of love and hope on young lives for whom a little bit means a lot.
The Little Bit Foundation’s core programs are designed to improve students’ comfort, dignity, and self-esteem. Programs include:
- Head To Toe, which provides new shoes that fit, proper uniforms, fresh socks, and underwear to boost students’ self-confidence.
- Bundle Up, which provides heavy coats, jackets, warm hats, gloves, and scarves to safeguard students to and from school.
- Get In Gear, which provides backpacks filled with school supplies for classroom readiness.
Launched in 2013 and 2014, The Little Bit Foundation’s health and wellness programming provides early detection and education of physical and mental health conditions, along with instruction in how to live a healthier life. Programs include:
- Healthy Kids, which provides general medical, dental, and vision screenings.
- Eyes On Learning, which provides on-site, comprehensive vision exams and eyeglass fittings to improve focus in the classroom.
- Busy Bodies, which provides personal care kits with instruction in proper hygiene.
- Sunny’s Closet, which provides food kits containing two nutritious meals, prepared by Operation Food Search.
- The Sunshine Box, which provides mental health support, including embedded behavioral therapists, group counseling, and crisis training for school personnel.
The aim of The Little Bit Foundation’s academic enrichment programs is to improve student literacy and expose them to new educational opportunities. Programs include:
- 1-2-3 Read, where book fairs are held each semester.
- Books & Buddies, which provides books and stuffed “buddies” used in Pre-K through 2nd grade classrooms to bring comfort and security to children as they learn to read
- Ignite STEM, which provides STEM themed books and interactive demonstrations.
- mySci•Do, which engages students in STEM learning through playful projects using tangible materials such as robotics and electrical circuits.
WIN & The Little Bit Foundation
The Little Bit Foundation has received many different donations ranging from items that could be beneficial in their warehouse and office, to items used to help the children participating in their programs. Some of these items include accordion conveyors, cases of books, recycling bins, and even mini hygiene kits. At one point WIN Warehouse had pallets of Gatorade that went to schools Little Bit serves for the end of the year field days and summer camps.
The warehouse is always a little brighter when they stop by. Some of the staff joined us for our grand reopening event in March and just recently utilized our conference room for a meeting to get a new perspective.
We are thankful for the opportunity to work with The Little Bit Foundation. Interested in learning more? Call them at (314) 669-0040 or visit them online at www.thelittlebitfoundation.org. If you’re a nonprofit organization and are curious about how you can benefit from WIN’s help, contact us at (314) 385-3006!